June 04, 2008

Art on the Lake this weekend

Fired Bird Platter. This was shown in process in an earlier post.

I have been a crazy lady this past week trying to get everything ready for my first Art Fair of the summer this upcoming weekend. I wish I could find a way to get ready for shows without getting so stressed out. I have a kiln full of glazed pots firing right now, and am trying to remember everything I need to take with me. It always SEEMS like a good idea to apply to a lot of fairs, but when they arrive I always wonder why I am doing them--it's just really hard work plus takes so much time away from the studio. My husband built two new shelves for my booth (these construction projects are always agony during the process but always turn out great) and I made new backdrops and signs, so we did a test run last night setting everything up. I think it's going to look really nice! It was a challenge trying to focus on it with our crazy 17 month old running around getting into everything, but we managed to do it with only one pot broken in the process.

Stop by the studio on Thursday night from 5-9 for our monthly First Thursday event (www.threeninefour.com) and have first choice of pots fresh from the kiln (assuming I have a good firing). Or, come out to Excelsior Art on the Lake this weekend and stop by my booth #01. It 's a fun show, right on Lake Minnetonka. This year they're having live music as well as the usual good art and good food. http://www.excelsiorartonthelake.com/ for more info.

No comments: