September 10, 2008

Midwest Home Mention


I was excited to see that my pottery was mentioned in the September 2008 issue of Midwest Home Magazine. The issue features their list of the 70 Twin Cities' "Best." Northrup King Building was selected as the best "art gallivant" and several building artists were highlighted in the write-up, including this comment about my work..."Emily Dyer uses motifs from folk art quilts--polka dots, tiny red flowers, blue birdies--to make her nursery rhyme-esque bowls, platters and cups." My mosaic making NKB friend, Sheryl Tuorila is listed as best garden sculptor. And, in the same issue of the magazine another NKB artist and friend, Jan Bilek, was featured in an in-depth article about her amazing pottery. It's fun to get some press! And, it reminds me how lucky I am to be working in such an amazing studio building with so many talented artists.

1 comment:

Susan Dyer said...

Em,
Good for you! Will be excited to see the magazine.
Susan